An important message from Anthony's Food Shop
We are fielding questions on what steps we’ve taken to assure the safety of our staff and customers during this outbreak. It is important to tell you we are doing all we can to limit transition of this disease, while still providing the highest level of customer service in the safest way we can for both our customers and staff.
- We have implemented a full time sanitizing program in all our store public areas. All door handles, counter surfaces, cooler doors, and common touch surfaces are continually being cleaned. All employees are now wearing gloves, not just the food service workers and we have appropriate hand wash stations in all departments of the store.
- We have asked customers through door signage to please respect a 6-foot minimum distance with other customers unless they are family members or traveling together.
- All of our dine on property features have been removed, including the Café seating area, our main dining room, and the outside picnic area. This will keep inside and outside gatherings at a minimum, and also free up parking as customer visits will be shorter.
- We are ramping up our current online ordering capabilities to include delivery and several select items from our café that can be ordered and picked up, or in some cases delivered. As has always been the custom at AFS, it is best to call in your takeout orders. We are currently trying to work out the logistics of curbside delivery, and will inform if and when that becomes available. Our hope is that if we can have your orders ready in advance, it will help as far as social distancing requirements in our store.
- Our staff has seen their sick day packages increased. All our staff is screened daily by our Human Resources Manager and their department managers, any sick employee has been told to notify us and not to come to the property. Because none of us are medical professionals we are requiring a medical return to work from a doctor to work in a food service environment.
- Our food service team led by Chefs Katherine Stinson and Sabrina Banton has several culinary school graduates who have been professionally trained in sanitation and proper food handling procedures and many have experience in hospitals and nursing homes which are held to a much higher standard than the industry in general. 90% of our food service employees, all our front end managers, and several of our customer service staff are also Serv-Safe certified and in the past year we have sponsored classes in the local area that many other of our great restaurants sent staff to attend.
- A full daily sanitation program has been started for our company delivery vehicles. All our drivers are using a company vehicle that is assigned to one driver per shift and must be cleaned and all touch surfaces sanitized at the beginning and end of their shift. Our drivers will also be wearing gloves and have clean gloves and sanitizer in their vehicle for appropriate changes. If you would like deliveries at the doorstep with no contact that can be arranged with payment in advance and through cell phone notification by our driver. We certainly would not want your food outside in the cold for long.
- We will continue to operate at whatever level is safely allowed by authorities for the needs of the community.
- We are aggressively staying abreast of the Federal, State, and Town of York, requirements.
None of us have ever seen a period like this. Let’s work together to stay safe. As always, we’re here for you.